The Conversation gets more money but still no answers from Andrew Jaspan

It worries me that people who say they love journalism won't answer well-intentioned criticisms about their own work.

The Conversation ought to be a prestigious website.   It operates with the .edu.au domain moniker and the imprimatur and financial support of many of the nation's great universities.

Janine Little teaches aspiring journalists.   Andrew Jaspan is charged with overall editorial responsibility for the site.

I have no idea whether Andrew or Janine have dismissed our criticism of their work as unworthy of a return note or not.   I can only say my emails to them have gone unanswered.

Today we hear of more university funding for The Conversation.

The Conversation keeps on talking

  • BY:ANDREW TROUNSON 
  • From:The Australian 
  • February 21, 2013 12:00AM

ACADEMIC research and commentary website The Conversation says it is here to stay after securing enough income from universities to keep it afloat ahead of its $6 million start up funding running out.

So far 21 universities have signed up as fee payer. The site is also looking to entice more sponsors and donors, and is now tapping into the loyalty of its readers asking for reader donations. Development director Lisa Watts said about 500 readers have so far responded with donations from as little as $5 to as much at a few thousand dollars.

You can read more at The Australian's website here.

And my correspondence with The Conversation's editor is here.

Comments