We're being sued because we didn't do a good enough job for the illegal boat that sank on Christmas Island
A short time ago I sent this note to the Attorney General's Department.
I refer to the Class Action proceedings arising from the sinking of SIEV 221 at Christmas Island in December 2010
SUPREME COURT OF NEW SOUTH WALES
Ibrahimi & Ors v Commonwealth of Australia
May I ask please
1. Has any taxpayer funding been provided to the plaintiffs. Is any planned? If so how much has it cost?
2. Have any services or support of any kind been provided to the plaintiffs by the taxpayer. Do we plan to provide any? If so what's it going to cost us?
3. What is a reasonable estimate of the Commonwealth's costs so far - and if possible its projected costs to the conclusion of the matter.
4. Will the Commonwealth settle the matter or defend it to a trial and judgement.
I've asked that they respond by close of business Monday. Will keep you posted.
You didn't know you were being sued for your negligence over an illegal Centrelink seeker boat?
You are. The case is back in court on 26 September in Sydney and it looks like the plaintiffs legal team is dishing the dirt.
Here's a report from a contact on Christmas Island - remember we have quite a few eyes and ears there.
The legal team of 4 from George Newhouse are on island to gather info on the class action by survivors of SIEV 221.
These parasites x 4 flew out at $700+ each one way, assuming they came from Perth, for 4 days of muck raking.
A few points I find very interesting......
1. These "CRIMMIGRANTS" paid criminals to passage them ILLEGALLY to Xmas Island.
2. The boat was disabled by the crew to insure it would be rescued by authorities...I have it on hear say be reliable sources that a SIEV which is rescued is entitled to faster processing, and compensation for hardship. (have not been able to confirm this, you may have more luck)
3. Why is it that the coroners report list so many ALIAS'S? Why do "genuine refugees" need to pay for a new passport and a new identity?
4. Australians have been forced to place their lives in jeopardy to rescue these irresponsible freeloaders
5. Flown them to Sydney and return to attend funerals
6. BEING SUED FOR SAVING THEIR UNGRATEFUL ARSES!!!!!
WHERE IS THE COMPENSATION FOR THE XMAS ISLAND RESIDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN FORCED TO DEAL WITH TRAGEDY AFTER TRAGEDY, HAD THEIR ISLAND TURNED UPSIDE DOWN?.......the silence is deafening, but then that is the Aussie way.
We get knocked down, we brush ourselves off, and get back to the job at hand. THIS IS WHY THESE WHO ARRIVE WITH THE VICTIM MENTALITY WILL NEVER BE AUSTRALIANS.
I was at the memorial, where once again the tax payer footed the bill to fly the "survivors" to the island for the service.
I was disgusted by the film crew and the orchestrated wailing, just for the camera, I left, I could not stand the prompted theatrics any longer.......
I went to Christmas Island as part of the Go Back to Where you Came From show.
I said the same thing in this promo as I've said publicly for years - Islamism is the greatest threat to the future of the civilised world.
As Churchill put it:
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live..........the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
I watched that promo for the first time in years this morning - I've been looking for a particular piece of footage from the time I spent on Christmas Island.
One afternoon when every wave hitting Christmas Island was like the Kiama Blowhole in a good southerly, I visited the home of a lovely bloke who's seen so much death now I don't think it will ever leave him.
You see, he did his best to help the people on board Illegal Entry Vessel 221. And as he showed me the video footage he took of kids dying at sea I could see he was there at the rescue again. Like he is most nights.
A bloke called Median Ibrahimi wasn't on SIEV 221. He wasn't on Christmas Island at the time. He says he is related to someone who died in the reckless trip.
IBRAHIMI is suing us.
He says that from the moment the vessel illegally entered our waters it was forfeited to the Commonwealth for its crime at sea - and therefore became our responsibility. He reckons we were responsible for its unseaworthiness, no lifejackets, overcrowding, no flares, no safety equipment, "failed" engine (others say sabotaged) and now his mental anguish and pain because he says he is related to someone who died.
These are some of the people who are suing you. They're seeking others to join their "class" action.
Class is one thing they have none of.
You can read some of the documents on the court file here.
You can read the Coroner's Report here.
The Conclusion section of his Executive Summary follows: