The first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have it!
After dozens of hours work I am getting to the point of moving in ever decreasing circles - that usually ends with a deadly disappearance!
I've made a promise to deliver a brief of evidence about The Rudd's payment of $10M to the Clinton Foundation in 2008/09.
The Global Carbon Capture and Storage Institute Ltd states that it made the $10M agreement with the Clinton Foundation - here is an extract from the misleading and deceptive statement the GCCSI released
William J.(CLINTON FOUNDATION)
The Institute provided AU$10 million to the Clinton Foundation to support the work being conducted through the Clinton Climate Initiative to accelerate key ‘Early Mover’ CCS projects around the world.
Established by former US President Clinton in 2001 the Clinton Foundation works to strengthen the capacity of governments and individuals to alleviate poverty, improve global health, strengthen economies, and protect the environment.
The Clinton Foundation work program includes:
- collaboration with ‘Early Mover’ CCS projects in the and Australia to help overcome specific barriers;
- identification of potential future CCS projects and work to accelerate the development of these; and
- sharing ‘best practice’ and case studies from Early Mover projects that have been engaged.
- Scoping work has been conducted in Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Germany, UK, Netherlands, and Australia to identify and select potential future CCS projects for engagement.
- Studies undertaken for the Carbon Net project, Australia.
- Collaboration on stakeholder activities, Netherlands.
- Malaysian CCS scoping study due to be completed in November 2010.
Here is the GCCSI's ASIC financial return for 2009/10 and a detailed listing of ASIC's information on the entity.
Here are some of the government papers I have been wading through.
- Document 1-3 [PDF 7MB]
- Document 4-15 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 16-23 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 24-29 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 32-51 [PDF 2MB]
- Document 54 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 55 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 56 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 57 [PDF 3MB]
- Document 58 [PDF 4MB]
- Document 1—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Program—CarbonNet Pre-Feasibility Studies' (B09/2941) [PDF 396KB]
- Document 2—Ministerial Brief, 'Wandoan Power Project—Proposed Pre-Feasibility Funding' (B10/258) [PDF 587KB]
- Document 3—Letter from the IAP to Minister Ferguson providing an update on the IAP's activities [PDF 172KB]
- Document 4—Ministerial Brief, 'Study on Transitional Incentives for Carbon Capture and Storage' (B10/372).
- Document 5—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage CCS Flagships Program Update—Draft of letter to Prime Minister' (B10/124) [PDF 576KB]
- Document 6—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships—Wandoan Negotiations—Issues Affecting on Finalisation of Funding Arrangements of Pre-Feasibility Studies' (B10/941) [PDF 232KB]
- Document 7—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships—Wandoan Negotiations' (B10/1008) [PDF 144KB]
- Document 8—Ministerial Brief, 'Suspension of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Payment to ZeroGen Project' (B10/1052) [PDF 76KB]
- Document 9—Ministerial Brief, 'CCS Flagships Program—CarbonNet Pre-Feasibility Agreement' (B10/1206) [PDF 112KB]
- Document 10—Ministerial Brief, 'Release of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Payment to ZeroGen' (B10/1211) [PDF 104KB]
- Document 11—Letter from the Carbon Storage Taskforce to Minister Ferguson outlining proposal for greenhouse gas storage exploration incentives [PDF 1.3MB]
- Document 12—Ministerial Brief, 'Potential Insolvency of ZeroGen Pty Ltd—Proposed Instigation of Wind Up Proceedings' (B10/1557) [PDF 108KB]
- Document 13—Ministerial Brief, 'Update on Financial Situation of ZeroGen Pty Ltd—QLD Agreed to Provide ZeroGen Additional Funds and Assurance over Shut Down Costs' (B10/1562) [PDF 84KB]
- Document 14—Ministerial Brief, 'Flagships Programs Strategic Risks and Options' (B10/1643) [PDF 344KB]
- Document 15—Letter from NLEC Council to Minister Ferguson [PDF 800KB]
- Document 16—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Program Update' (B10/1816) [PDF 444KB]
- Document 17—Ministerial Brief, 'Recommendations of the Independent Assessment Panel' (C11/731) [PDF 508KB]
- Document 18—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Program—Announcement Strategy' (B11/784) [PDF 164KB]
- Document 19—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships—Agreement to Commence Negotiations' (B11/1102) [PDF 108KB]
- Document 20—Ministerial Brief, 'Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Program—Proposed Future Engagement with Queensland Stakeholders (B11/1180) [PDF 84KB]
- Document 21—Ministerial Brief, 'Update on Progress for a Revised Queensland Project under the CCS Flagships Program' (B11/1287) [PDF 316KB]
- Document 22—Ministerial Brief, 'Progress on Queensland CCS Flagship Project Negotiations' (B11/1339) [PDF 88KB]
- Document 23—Meeting with Mr Dick Wells, Chair of the National Carbon Capture and Storage (NCCS) Council.
- Document 24—Ministerial Brief, 'Post Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Flagships Program Implementation Review (B11/1640).
- Document 25—Letter from NCCS Council to Minister Ferguson regarding the Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) in Australia—Contributing to a Clean Energy Future Report [PDF 2.3MB]
- Document 26—Ministerial Brief, 'Recommendations of CCS Flagships Program Post Stage 2 Appraisal' (B11/1981) [PDF 104KB]
- Document 27—Letter from IAP to Minister Ferguson regarding program update and emerging issues (timing issues, required level of CO2 capture and operating cost support) [PDF 136KB]
- Document 1
- Document 2
- Document 3
- Document 4
- Document 5
- Document 6
- Document 7
- Document 8
- Document 9
- Document 9.2
- Document 10
- Document 11
- Document 12
- Document 13
- Document 14
- Document 15
- Document 16
- Document 17
- Document 18
- Document 19
- Document 20
- Document 21
- Document 22
- Document 23
- Document 24
- Document 25
- Document 26
- Document 27
- Document 28
- Document 29
We are looking for documents regarding the $10M paid to the Clinton Foundation.
From my review of the above, it's clear that Rudd directed the money be paid to the Clinton Foundation prior to the incorporation of the GCCSI. The GCCSI reported the $10M deal as having been "novated" to it, but there is no corresponding book entry in its accounts taking up the "value".
I've also reviewed the Federal Budgets from the period and the annual reports from Martin Ferguson's department www.ret.gov.au and the prime minister's department.
A very large vote of thanks to the person who can nail this for us!