These people are living in fantasy land.
This is a full time job?
The ABC is a frightening and out of control monster.
Social Media and Engagement Producer, Four Corners
- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Convenient CBD location in the heart of Ultimo (near Central Station)
- Contract Vacancy for Approximately 12 Months
- $82K - $89K p.a. (pro rata) + choice of 15.4% super
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
Come and join ABC News, the most respected name in news and current affairs and the nation's leading independent news service on television, radio, digital and social media. Our flagship brands and services include 7.30, Four Corners, Australian Story, AM, PM, Lateline, Foreign Correspondent, ABC News on digital and social media, continuous news channels ABC News 24 and NewsRadio, as well as international service the Asia Pacific News Centre.
ABC News is committed to career development: we look for potential and we invest in our people to be leaders in their fields. We believe in flexible approaches to working and in building diverse and collaborative teams.
About the Role
Do you love finding original story ideas that get your people talking? This is an excellent opportunity for a creative and energetic social media producer to drive 4 Corners’ social media strategy and create sophisticated social media content to increase reach and develop engagement across multiple platforms, including to:
- Contribute ideas to the social media strategy for each Four Corners story.
- Manage Four Corners’ presence on Facebook, Twitter and video sharing platforms.
- Develop new audiences across social networks and channels.
- Focus on building social community engagement.
- Create short form video social posts for distribution on ABC and third party platforms.
- Make scheduled posts on social platforms, demonstrating strong copy writing capability, including optimising headlines and other SEO practices.
- Read and interpret social media analytics to assess performance and inform content creation, engagement and audience growth.
- Develop relationships with ABC News and other ABC outlets, including marketing and audience insights.
- Keep across emerging digital platforms and audience behaviours on them.
This role will also require flexibility to work out of standard office hours.
Are you an experienced and super organised Social Media Producer with strong writing skills and sound editorial judgement? Facebook and other social media will be second-nature to you—you’ll know what gets people’s attention and why. You will also have:
- Thorough understanding of user behaviours on social platforms and experience with analytics.
- Experience in growing and engaging audiences across multiple platforms.
- Experience working in a professional news or broadcast journalism organisation highly desirable.
- Well rounded knowledge of photo and video editing software, in particular the Adobe suite.
- Experience with video and media management. Ability to discover and verify user generated video.
- Familiarity with content management publishing systems.
- Thorough understanding of content copyright and Australian media law.
We are looking for people who can also bring a perspective of culturally diverse communities and contribute to stories and conversations that reflect the broader Australian diversity landscape.
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Social Media and Engagement Producer, Four Corners.pdf
We would love to see your work! Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information contact Sally Neighbour on (02) 8333 4882 or email@example.com
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities and a gender-balanced workforce.
Job no: 497988
Work type: Contract Full Time
Location: Sydney - ALL
Categories: Journalism/Editorial, Production/Content, Digital/Product Specialists
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time