Previous month:
June 2020
Next month:
August 2020

July 2020

Arise Captain Sir Tom Moore

Unnamed-14
Unnamed-14

Today The Queen conferred the Honour of Knighthood on Captain Tom Moore at an Investiture at Windsor Castle.

‪In April, World War Two veteran, Captain Sir Tom Moore embarked on 100 laps of his garden with the aim to raise £1,000 for NHS Charities Together and has now raised over £32 million for the NHS, and inspired so many people along the way. ‬

‪Today Captain Sir Tom Moore’s incredible fundraising achievements were recognised with a Knighthood.‬

The Queen awarded Captain Sir Tom Moore with his insignia of Knight Bachelor, after knighting him with the sword that belonged to her father, King George VI.

Congratulations Captain Sir Tom Moore!


Princess Anne sticks it up crazy Charles over his climate change, greenie madness

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.25.11 am

Enthusing about genetically modified crops and dismissing the effects of climate change and veganism couldn’t be further away from the green views of Prince Charles.

But these are the very forthright opinions of his sister, Princess Anne.

Giving a rare interview to mark her 70th birthday next month, the Queen’s fiercely independent daughter jokes that her conversations with her elder brother are by necessity ‘short’ due to their wildly differing opinions.

Charles has openly lobbied against genetically modified crops, but Anne counters: ‘It has been an enormous advantage in many parts of the world to use GM wisely for very specific environments.

Asked if she and Charles have conversations about farming, Anne quips: ‘Yes... occasionally, but rather short.’

‘It makes it much more likely to be able to grow what you need.

‘I have to remind people that rapeseed oil was only made non-toxic to humans by the Canadians after the Second World War by genetically modifying the plant.

‘It’s [ironically] quite popular with all those people who don’t like GM.’

Asked if she and Charles have conversations about farming, she quips: ‘Yes... occasionally, but rather short.’

'I don't go down the climate change route' 

The princess was speaking to Australian Women’s Weekly magazine via a video call from Gatcombe Park, the 500-acre Gloucestershire estate and farm where she has spent lockdown.

Princes William and Harry as well as Charles have linked last year’s devastating Australian bushfires to climate change, but Anne said: ‘I don’t even go down the climate change route.

‘I think the way people manage ground is part of the discussion... Climate changes all the time. It has done so throughout the globe’s history, so there’s nothing new under the sun.


Suck 'em up Jacinda! NZ 'furious' about getting their own crooks back.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 9.31.37 am

New Zealand has criticised the Morrison government's decision to resume deporting Kiwi criminals amid the coronavirus pandemic.

On Monday, the NZ government confirmed it was expecting around 30 deportees to arrive within days via a charter flight.

"We're receiving them because we're obliged to receive them, but it would be wrong to say we're happy about it," Health Minister Chris Hipkins told Radio New Zealand.

"We don't agree with Australia deporting their problems to NZ ... However, Australia is within its legal right to do what they're doing."

He said the deportees will be taken to a hotel with enhanced security for 14 days and then will be released into the community.

"In the eyes of the law, they've done their time, they have been released, and we have to treat them accordingly."

Advocates have called the system unfair, as some deportees have called Australia home for decades.

Under existing laws, visa holders who are sentenced to at least 12 months' jail time face mandatory deportation.

Deportations were paused during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The policy has seen more than 2,600 people sent back to New Zealand between December 2014 and January 2020.

But NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has said many of the deportees "on any common sense test" identified as being Australian.

Earlier this year, Ms Ardern cited one person affected by the laws "who moved to Australia, not much older than one year old".

"Australia is well within its rights to deport individuals who break your laws. New Zealand does the same. But we have a simple request - send back Kiwis, genuine Kiwis," she said.

The Australian government has defended its policy on numerous occasions.

"We deport non-citizens who have committed crimes in Australia against our community," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said earlier this year.

"This policy is applied not specific to one country, but to any country whose citizens are here."


The GILLARD question QandA didn't run - from fmr DETSGT Dave McAlpine on The AWU Scandal

This question was submitted by retired Detective Senior Sergeant Dave McAlpine, the WA Police officer responsible for investigating The AWU Scandal.

QandA didn't acknowledge his submission.

Ms GILLARD,
 
Are you prepared to come clean and tell the truth as to your involvement in a criminal conspiracy involving yourself, Wilson and Blewitt in payments of secret commissions from a number of senior executives of Theiss Contractors Pty Ltd, and the receipt of those funds by the AWU-WRA slush fund you created, including your personal receipt of a substantial amount of those funds.

6a0177444b0c2e970d022ad356b008200c


Another day at work for Michigan police

Thanks to Bill Thompson.

Eaton County, Michigan — Body cam and surveillance video have been released by Eaton County Sheriff's Office, which show a Michigan deputy shooting a suspect who was accused of stabbing a man over a dispute about wearing a mask. Eaton County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to assist the Michigan State Police in locating a male suspect who stabbed and caused serious injury to a person at the Quality Dairy store on Lansing Road in Windsor Township at 6:47 am, and had fled the scene in a vehicle. An area broadcast describing the suspect and vehicle was put out. At approximately 7:13 am an Eaton County Sheriff’s Office Deputy observed the suspect in Delta Township driving north on Jerryson Dr. and made a traffic stop. The footage shows the suspect, Sean Ruis age 43, holding a knife and screwdriver approaching the deputy, who repeatedly commands him to drop the weapon. When he fails to comply, the video shows her shooting several rounds before quickly clearing the jammed gun and firing again. Ruis eventually drops to the ground. Ruis was taken to the hospital and died during surgery. The involved Deputy, a 22-year veteran, has been placed on Administrative Leave.


Two charter flights this week send NZ criminals back to where they came from

Unnamed-13

Charter flights remove New Zealand crims from Australia – including senior bikie

 

A total of 31 New Zealand citizens have been removed from Australia on two charter flights this week, after their visas were cancelled on character grounds.

Among the group was high profile outlaw motorcycle gang member Mr Mace Sitope, who until recently was the President of the Victorian chapter of the Rebels. Mr Sitope has been known by various aliases including Ray Siloi and Ray Elise.

Mr Sitope’s criminal record includes physical assault and violence, possession of firearms as well as standover and other intimidation offences.

Of the others removed, convictions included armed robbery, aggravated burglary, unlawful assault, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, contravention of family violence order, recklessly causing injury, obtaining property by deception and unlawful use of motor vehicles.

ABF Commander for Field Operations, Ben Biddington, said the removal of these people to New Zealand highlighted the ABF’s continued resolve to remove dangerous people from the Australian community.

“Non-citizens who do not satisfy the character test have no right to remain, and will be removed from Australia,” Commander Biddington said.

“The Australian Government is responsible for protecting the community from the risk of harm arising from foreign nationals who choose to engage in criminal activity. The majority of those persons removed had their visas cancelled under s501 of the Migration Act.”

“Since the rules around mandatory visa cancellation were strengthened in December 2014, a total of 2877 New Zealand citizens had have their visas cancelled under the character provisions of the Migration Act,” Commander Biddington said.

 

 

There are provisions under the Migration Act 1958 that allow the Minister for Home Affairs to cancel a visa if a person is considered to not be of good character. A person can fail the character test for a number of reasons, including but not limited to circumstances where a non-citizen has a substantial criminal record.

 

 

The two flights, which departed on 14 and 15 July 2020, comprised detainees from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.