Bullying case against Ray Hadley settled - former producer Chris Bowen reported to receive 'a substantial financial sum' to
A workplace bullying claim against broadcaster Ray Hadley has been settled out of court.
The 2GB presenter’s former panel operator and producer Chris Bowen was suing Hadley in the New South Wales District Court claiming damages for mental harm.
At a preliminary hearing in June Bowen alleged the talkback tyro had subjected him to a 16-year campaign of bullying, harassment and intimidation while they worked together on Hadley’s No.1 rating morning show.
Sources from 2GB owner Nine confirmed the matter had been settled out of court following mediation. Hadley was off air last Monday when the mediation is understood to have taken place.
Both parties have been muzzled from saying anything further about the case, which is understood to have been settled for a substantial financial sum.
Bowen’s barrister Shaun McCarthy told the court in June that his client was making 175 separate allegations of intimidation, bullying and harassment against Hadley.
“Mr Bowen is alleging Mr Hadley bullied, harassed, intimidated him on no less than 1,000 occasions when the pair worked shoulder to shoulder,’ Mr McCarthy said.
At an earlier hearing he said: “On 20 occasions Mr Hadley called my client a bald, fat c***”.