Exciting new role designed to contribute to the ABC's vision to look and sound like modern Australia. You will proactively support the recruitment function and hiring managers to source quality diverse candidates........
- Key role contributing to ABC's vision to look and sound like modern Australia.
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
The ABC Head Office based in Ultimo in Sydney is a great place to work and feel a part of a team. Centrally located in the city, close to public transport, there is a café onsite for employees to enjoy and the nearby aquatic centre and gym offer great rates for employees.
About the Role
Exciting new role designed to contribute to the ABC's vision to look and sound like modern Australia. You will proactively support the recruitment function and hiring managers to source quality diverse candidates in our industry to build the talent pipeline and pathways for key content maker and executive roles in the ABC. The day to day activities will include:
- Employing a range of sourcing techniques to connect with content makers and executive level candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Developing strong relationships with active and passive candidates, know their movements & availability, manage talent pools and provide empathic and honest aftercare.
- Screening and qualifying a diverse range of candidates for inclusion in shortlists and interviews with hiring managers
- Generating robust reporting and candidate metrics
You will be a confident communicator who can build rapport and credibility with both senior internal hiring managers and senior candidates in the media industry. Ideally you will have experience sourcing and recruiting diverse peoples and an understanding of the issues and barriers that can affect Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, culturally diverse people and LGBTIQ+ individuals. An understanding of the media industry and the capability requirements for content making roles will also be highly regarded. You will become part of a welcoming, supportive and experienced recruitment team and will contribute;
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary recruitment practices and sourcing strategies with a curiosity and passion to innovate.
- Research and reporting skills and an ability to manage data bases in excel.
- Juggling prowess - managing competing priorities and tight deadlines with accuracy and good humour.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: DI Candidate Manager.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Jeanette Davis, Head Recruitment, Performance and Reward at Davis.Jeanette@abc.net.au. We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure that you submit your application via the online portal.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.