Is this another case of ABC putting words into witnesses mouths?

The ABC recently broadcast a multi-part series of the Luna Park Ghost Train fire - demanding a police inquiry and accusing detectives of a coverup.

Last month the NSW state coroner Teresa O’Sullivan announced she'd consider a fresh coronial inquiry into the fatal fire, based on the ABC's claims.  The Coroner gave the ABC a deadline of last Friday to provide detectives with all relevant material it had collected as part of the series, but police sources have told The Australian the ABC hasn't furnished anything meaningful.
 
Amongst other things, I'm told the ABC doesn't want to hand over copies of their full, unedited interview tapes with witnesses.  
 
From today’s Australian:
 
 
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 7.50.15 am
“ The ABC has been accused of impeding a police investigation after refusing to hand over critical information it claims to have uncovered about the cause of Luna Park’s fatal ghost train fire. 

Police are so frustrated by the broadcaster’s failure to co-operate with detectives working the case that they have asked NSW state coroner Teresa O’Sullivan to intervene, while state Police Minister David Elliott labelled the ABC “morally bankrupt” and “blatantly obstructionist”.

Extract Ends

Could it be that this is yet another case of the ABC leading the witnesses and putting words in people’s mouths ....just like they’ve been caught out doing with Craig McLachlan hatchet job?

Comments